The American Shooting Journal team is made up of hunters, competitors, black-powder shooters, tactical shooters and instructors, former law enforcement, military and plinkers. We have spent hundreds of thousands of rounds over the years and this is our list our 2015 Top Targets.
* This is a football game played by shooting your way to the end zone. A form of man-on-man competition where the center spinner has a top and bottom target, each assigned to a shooter. Once the shooting begins, the shooter that hits their target more often will cause the spinner to move closer to their end zone. Anytime you incorporate the aspects of a game with shooting, you have just made things even better.
* Steel durable target system.
* Easy to transport and set-up.
* Three dimensional design.
* Visually realistic with a body and full face of a human.
* This is a fully reactive target that will fall or drop once a precise hit has been made.
* Each target can be customized by changing out what the target is holding for a threat-no-threat option.
* Great for a shoot-house or square-range training.
* Withstands hundreds of rounds and can be patched over and over due to its durable design.
* The target material is great in all types of weather, except maybe a tornado.
* Two sided paper target with multiple marksmanship targets on one side, and a human silhouette with a skeletal structure on the other.
* Very durable paper. This target will not rip in the wind and withstands a decent amount of rain.
* It has a white silhouette on a black background, which is great for long range identification.
* Great for indoor and outdoor ranges.
* It’s a move-all-over-the-place target.
* Remote controlled so it can be driven around and made to act erratically just like wild game. It can even back up!
* 200 – 500 Meter range.
* Runs up to nine miles per hour.
* It’s really just a great big remote-control full-size toy to shoot at. We love it.
* Double gong for a head or body-mass shot. It’s two targets in one.
* Each gong has a distinctively different sound and length of tone making it easy to know if you hit your mark.
* Gongs can be mounted at different heights.
* Great price for a steel target that will last for years.
* Who doesn’t love a target that automatically resets?
* Immediate (well, the speed of sound anyway) audible feedback.
* Easy to transport and set-up.
* Ships for free – considering it weighs 22 pounds, this is a nice deal.
* Unpredictable, random floating target movement that moves from side to side.
* Fully programmable. You can literally program personalities into each target setting them up to be fast, nervous, slow moving and even jittery.
* Can be operated by remote control so an instructor can have fun with you.
* Nine different speeds and several pre-programmed challenges or you can create your own.
* Blazing fast critical-decision training with an edge-to-face target in two tenths of a second. This is faster than the human brain can actually react so the movement pushes your limits.
* A fully programmable timing sequence.
* Highly visible because the material reacts to the bullet penetration and causes the neon underlining to clearly show the shooter where they have placed their bullet.
* Simple Bulls-eye Design.
* It’s self-adhesive.
* Fits nicely into a range bag.