Hunting accidents and injuries happen, but this might be the most painful that we’ve come across.
When hunting, there are a lot of things that can go wrong and be very dangerous at times. Safety is very important, and we emphasize that importance to younger generations when bringing them up in the outdoors.
Many products are sold to help hunters be proactive so bad things don’t happen, but of course accidents still happens. This is one of those accidents.
The man in this story suffered one of the most painful injuries from a hunting related-accident we have ever seen, and we are hoping for a speedy recovery for him. Last heard, the doctors were attempting to save the mobility in his hand and fingers, but the man’s thumb was to be fully amputated.
For reasons of privacy, we are not going to reveal the hunter’s name. But while muzzleloader hunting deep into the mountains of Virginia, a coyote presented itself a shot to the hunter.
In hopes of taking out the coyote for some predator control, the shot would forever change this man’s life. Unfortunately, the barrel exploded on his Savage 10ML II muzzleloader, and did severe damage to his hand.
It’s a shame that there is no monster buck behind the story to help make this guy’s day better. Just another reason to take out a coyote every chance you get.
There have been rumors that a double load caused the malfunction, but there it has also been said that it was simply a barrel failure. For the sake of sticking to the facts, we are not saying it is either one of those scenarios.
Everyone be safe out there in the woods and enjoy your time in creation. Hopefully, you are never on the end of an unfortunate story like this one and your hunting endeavors are injury free.
What is the worst hunting-related accident you have ever seen?, Let us know below.
Sources: Colton Bailey